Before the games start
1. 1ST SHIFT OF THE DAY, Arrive early to open the front gate, put traffic cones on the
street, open the bathrooms, turn on lights and turn on all kitchen appliances. Make sure Cash box is in kitchen, with the proper change in it.
** IF THE FRYER OIL IS DIRTY CLEAN IT BEFORE TURNING IT ON**
2. Scoreboards - Breakers are in the maintenance room
across from field A. Turn them on. Bring scoreboard controller to field B and make sure the board is turned on and working. If there is a game on field A, ask if they need the scoreboard for their game. Tee Ball, Pioneer and Teeners do not keep score and they will not be using the scoreboard.
3. Introduce yourself
to ALL Coaches,Team Moms, and Umpires, so they know who to contact if they need assistance.
4. Operational Items
- Making sure games start on time, umpires are present, please make sure that no parents (uncertified coaches) and children (non-players) are on the field.
** NO MORE THEN 2 CHILDREN AT THE SCOREBOARD ON FIELD B AT ONE TIME, if the children are not doing the scoreboard they need to be removed**
5. Kitchen is to be staffed
with at least ONE parent/Adult for EVERY team playing on both A and B fields. The teams have 15 minutes after the game starts to have the kitchen staffed, if they don't have a parent/adult in the kitchen within those 15 minutes then the team with out a parent/adult forfeits the game.
6. Balls- Make sure the umpire has a full box of balls, and that the umpire does not run
out of them.
**MAJOR GAMES GO THOUGH A LOT OF BASEBALLS, WITH A LOT OF FOULS AND HOME RUNS. MAKE SURE THERE ARE EXTRA BOXES IN THE
OFFICE WITH THE PROPER BASEBALLS INSIDE THOSE BOXES, GAMES SHOULD NEVER BE POSTPONED DUE TO LACK OF BASEBALLS ON THE FIELD**
During the games
7. If the umpires, and/or Coaches are calling for EBODS assistance during a game. EBOD is to address them immediately. EBOD is to go on
to the field and assist them. All games are on a time frame and problems/issues need to be addressed IMMEDIATELY. Coaches and Umpires should not have to leave the field
to locate EBOD or to figure out the situation on their own.
8. Monitor field for safety. Keep parents and other children off field B,
close the gate.
** AGAIN, NO MORE THEN 2 CHILDREN AT THE SCOREBOARD ON FIELD B AT ONE TIME, if the children are not doing the scoreboard they need to be removed**
9. Make sure the kitchen is fully stocked
during the entire game.
After the game
10. Count the money in the cash drawer, put in envelope, log into journal and place in safe.
**MAKE SURE YOU LOG ON THE ENVELOPED, YOUR NAME, DATE AND THE AMOUNT YOU ARE DROPPING**
11. Make sure drinks have been restocked
and slushy and cheese machine is full.
12. Restock freezer in kitchen.
13. Bring extra supplies from office if needed.
14. Time Limits
- Make sure all games end 10 minutes prior to the start of the next game. Don't push the time limits, it hurts us all.
15. Make sure the kitchen staff stays
at least 15 minutes after their game ends to finish the rush of orders from their teams.
**IF THEY DO NOT STAY UNTIL THE RUSH IS OVER, THEN DO NOT SIGN THEIR SHEETS.**
**NEVER SIGN THE LOG UNTIL THE GAME IS OVER AND THE PARENTS/ADULTS HAVE FINISHED THEIR SHIFT!**
16. LAST SHIFT OF THE DAY, Make sure dugouts are cleaned by the teams, all equipment
should be placed in the field shed. This includes rakes, and umpire equipment. Make sure all scoreboard controllers are in their proper boxes and place in the kitchen under the slushie machine. Turn off scoreboards
in TWO PLACES. At the circuit breaker and the switch on the scoreboard.
17. Count the money
in the cash drawer, put in envelope, log into journal and place in safe.
**MAKE SURE YOU LOG ON THE ENVELOPED YOUR NAME, DATE AND THE AMOUNT YOU ARE DROPPING**
18. Take out garbage and shutoff everything in kitchen.
19. Turn off lights on field, in batting cage and playground area.
20. Lock all doors, including: both bathrooms, office, kitchen, sheds, and front gate.
21. If there is ever an injury or accident during the game, please take the proper steps to make sure everything is
handled smoothly. Call 911 if needed and always fill out an incident report and notify Rob Griffith immediately.
Accident/incident reports are located on the side of the filing
cabinet on the left hand side as soon as you walk into the office. Be sure to get all information related to the incident from the injured parties and/or Parents or Guardians.
22. Use common sense.
23. If you have a question or instance that requires immediate assistance, please do not hesitate to reach
out to another board member.