Along with the Team Managers and Coaches, the Board Members and Staff have very important roles in running our league. These members have responsibilities that require them to put in many hours to help organize
and run Elmora Youth League.
Without all of our volunteers, there would be no league.
All members of the EYL Executive Board are required to perform the following duties during their term of service.
(1) Assume at least one
significant role as a Division Coordinator, Fundraising Leader, Support Function Leader or Administrative Role
(2) Provide field coverage of at least three
turns per month during the Spring Season
(3) Required to work at league registration, picnics and other league events.
(4) Attend the monthly Executive Board Meetings.
The Division Coordinators
are responsible for running their division. Their functions include,
(a) recruiting players
(b) recruiting team managers and coaches
(c) conducting the rating or tryouts for the division (Majors, Minors, Rookies, Ponytails, Middle School SB only)
(d) running a fair draft to insure the
competitive balance of the division
(e) Responsible to make sure each team in their division has at least 1 Team Manger, 2 Coaches and 1 Team Mom.
Conduct meetings with coaches on a regular basis to avert problems and maintain an open dialog of ideas . The Managers meetings should be run (1) pre-Parent's Night, (2)
pre-Parade Day and(3) Mid Season. A post-season meeting is also recommended.
(g) distribute and collect league equipment.
(h) stay on top of team schedules and make sure that the trophies are
ordered before the last game of the season for the Tee Ball, Pioneer and Teeners division.
(i) Automatic membership on the EYL Rules Committee.
The Umpire Chief is responsible for the league umpires and all protests are brought to this individual. Please note that only a rule may be protested,
judgment calls cannot be protested.
(1) Train new umpires.
(2) Conduct biweekly umpire meetings.
Officer along with the safety team are responsible to make sure that the League is running a safe league according to the rules & guidelines of Little League Law N.J. SA 2:62A-6 ET SEG. The Safety Officer reviews all medical release forms and advises the team managers on a player health issue. The Safety Officer along with the members of the Safety Team are Certified Clinicians and conduct the Rutgers Coaches Safety Training.
The Equipment Managers
are responsible to make sure our teams are issued the necessary equipment to run a youth baseball/softball; team.
(1) Keep inventory of the league equipment.
(2) Make sure all equipment are returned at the end of the season and put into storage.
(3) Check the equipment and discard all broken and worn items. Working with the League Purchasing Agent, they purchase new equipment required to run the league. All major expenditures are approved by the EYL Executive Board.
The Field Coverage coordinator is responsible for scheduling board members for field duty.
The Kitchen Manager
is an important member of the EYL staff. The kitchen funds a portion of our league activity and it is an important fund raising activity for the league. performs the following tasks.
(1) Sets the menu for items sold in the kitchen.
(2) Orders the food and beverages.
(3) Ensures that kitchen is being cleaned by parents at the end of each day.
(4) Collects the kitchen cards, counts the cards and reports to the league on the families who earn their bond refund.
The Sponsor Coordinator is responsible for lining up team and sign sponsors for our league.
(1) Send out letters soliciting sponsorship from our past league
(2) Assigns sponsors to each team.
(3) Orders signs from the EYL sign vendor.
(4) Delivers sponsor plaques and shirts to the sponsors, along with a letter of appreciation to the league sponsors.
The Ethics Committee
is made up of board members who are not members of the rules committee. The President of the league may not serve on the Ethics Committee. The Ethics committee is responsible for addressing any incident reported to the league. The incident must be reported in writing and signed by a member of the league. The duties of the Ethic Committee are published in the annual league book.
The Uniform Coordinator
along with the purchasing agent orders the team uniforms, manager uniforms, team mother shirts and staff shirts for the league. The coordinator distributes the uniforms to the team mothers or managers.
The Purchasing Agent makes all purchases on behalf of Elmora Youth League with the exception of the Kitchen inventory.
The Information Officer
performs the following tasks
(1) Maintains a database of registered EYL players
(2) Schedules games
(3) Maintains the ElmoraYouth.com web site.
(4) Records parent participation and working with Kitchen Coordinator reports to Board
The Fundraising Coordinator
(1) Organizes the league fundraisers.
(2) Distribute fund raising items to the parents.
.The Communications Director performs the following tasks
(1) Distributes registration flyers to the schools, supermarkets and other public places.
The Publicity Coordinator is responsible for
1) Creating flyers for EYL registrations and events.
2) Contacting local media to promote EYL events.
.The Coaching Coordinator
performs the following tasks
(1) Organize and schedule coaches training sessions.
(2) Develop a library of training material.
(3) Monitor team practices, offer assistance to new coaches.
The Field Maintenance Coordinator
is responsible for making sure the fields are playable. This is accomplished by covering the fields prior to a rain storm. The work is not done by the Coordinator, their responsibility is to mobilize league volunteers such as team managers, coaches and league staff to perform such tasks.
(1) Organizes parents to perform field maintenance tasks, such as preparing the fields for games (lining and grooming)
(2) Makes the decisions to cover the fields and informs Board Member on Duty to put covers on field.
(3) Liaise with Recreation Department to insure field issues are addressed.
The Team Mother Coordinator
is responsible for organizing the individual team moms assigned to each team.
(1) Recruit and assign one or two team mothers per team.
(2) Conduct a preseason team mother meeting to explain the roles and responsibilities of the team mother.
Team Mother is responsible for the following:
1) Ensure that one parent from their team is working the kitchen during the schjeduled game at Hanratty.
Distribute and collect team fundraiser information and funds.
3) Distribute photo day information.
The Parents Night Coordinator
is responsible for organizing
(1) Secure a location for the event.
(2) Making sure each division coordinator will attend the event.
(3) Organizing the presentation, assigning board members for presentations.
(4) Ensuring that parents are notified of the event by mail, e-maail, flyers and phone calls.
(5) Setting up the the meeting room.
The Parade Day Chairperson is responsible for
Before Parade Day
(1) Securing permits from the City for parade
(2) Check PA System to insure it is in working order
(3) Make sure that all divisions have banners
(4) Inviting all local dignitaries and sponsors.
Coordinating with the kitchen committee for light refreshments.
On Parade Day
(1) Acting as Master of Ceremonies
(2) Running the first pitch ceremony, balls, players and dignitataries
(3) Organizing the order of the parade - Dignitaries, divisions, Fire Equipment
The Photo Day Coordinator
performs the following tasks.
(1) Working with the information officer, schedules the league photo day.
(2) Maintains the relationship with the photo company.
(3) Facilitates any issues related to the photo company and our parents.
(4) Recommends photo company to the board each year.
The Picnic Coordinator
performs the following tasks.
(1) Ordering all food and drinks for the picnic.
(2) Scheduling entertainment (Music, Rides, Ponies)
(3) Setting up the field and trophies on the day of the parade.
Cleaning up the fields after the picnic.